There's lots of possibilities at work
If you think you're ready for work, there lots of support to help you.
If you’ve a clear idea of the industry you want to work in, do your research and see what kind or role might suit you.
Offer to do work experience or an internship in a company that interests you, or consider a part-time role to get started. Recruitment agencies can help with finding a role, or you might want to start working for yourself. There’s lots of possibilities.
Are you ready?
To make sure you are ready to look for a job and start out in the world of work make sure you ask yourself some serious questions.
- What sort of work do you want to do?
- Do you need to find some work experience first?
- Might an apprenticeship be a better option?
- Have you researched the job you want to do and know that you’ll be successful in finding it?
- Have you spoken to others – such as your parents or teachers- and got their advice and guidance?
Other sources of advice are easy to contact
Here’s what you need to know.
It's important to learn how to find a job or get more information about what having a job means. You may need certain skills and you will need to understand contracts and make sure you understand how to get paid.Get more careers advice here
National Careers Service – 0800 100 900
Careers Wales – 0800 028 4844
My World of Work – 0800 917 8000
Northern Ireland Careers – 0300 200 7820